JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My dishwasher suddenly seems to not be washing properly at

My dishwasher suddenly seems to not be washing properly at all. Sometimes the dishes come out dirtier than when they went in. Sometimes the tablet dispensary does not work and at other times the tablet is released and lies on the bottom. I have used a dishwasher cleaner. I have filled the salt dispenser and I have cleaned the filter. What else can I do?
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: I cannot find the brand name and model. It is about four years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a month. I have cleaned it and tried washing on a longer programme
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sometimes the detergent dispenser does not work or does not dissolve

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Whats the make and model of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Whirlpool. Do not know the model number. Stainless steel, about 4 years old.
If you open the door and look at the side of the door, there should be a label with a model number.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is a Kenwood machine. Model number KDW60S15. Thank you for the information. If it is of any help the dishes on one side are much cleaner than on the other.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have sent you the information. Did you receive it?

Due to the weekend it will take longer than normal for experts to respond.

Thank you for the model number.

The washer cleans \ disperses water by rotating the upper and lower spray arms so cant see why only half the appliance would be clean.

Typical cleaning performance issues are due to either circulation pump not providing sufficient power to force the spray arms around or the water not being heated.

If the soap dispenser is not opening that would also cause the issue, however if your seeing cleaning performance issues even when the soap dispenser opens then would think you have a fault on the PCB (control board) since that would impact all the items here, as I doubt you have multiple failures occurring at the same time.

This is certainly a hardware fault and not user error, so apart from stripping the appliance down and testing each component as it goes through a cycle its going to be hard to prove the fault, for this reason would suggest opting for a fixed price repair as that puts the obligation on another party and if they charge parts out and it doesnt work your not on the hook for paying for multiple parts.

Such a firm can be found here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I gather that there is nothing I can do myself son I will have to get expert help. Luckily I know someone reliable as I am in a very rural part of the west of Ireland.