JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Cda dishwasher program light doesn't switch on until playing

Cda dishwasher program light doesn't switch on until playing with it for 10 to 30 minutes
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: CDA WC140 IN
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if I can find someone to do it
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope it frustrating taking 29 minutes to get a button to work thanks

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So its the power button you have to keep pressuring for it eventually to work and switch the appliance on so you can select a program?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No like I said it's the program button. When you press the program button it's supposed to illuminate which means it ready go. However you have press the program button sometimes nearly twenty minutes to get it to illuminate so you can shut the door and start the wash. The selected cycle has to illuminate to work

Ok so its powering on but the program selector button is faulty, give me a short while to look up the specs of this model.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Right the button forms part of the display PCB, a new PCB can be sourced here for around £35.

To fit the part you need to switch the appliance off and strip down the door and remove the old one remove the cable and reconnect the cable and fit the new on in its place, its about 45 minute job I would say.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can anyone do this or does it have to be a professional

If your reasonably competent at DIY you can do it, there are a lot of online videos showing you how.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks very much

No problem please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.