JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Mt Hoover Dynamic NeXt washing machine, after switching off

Mt Hoover Dynamic NeXt washing machine, after switching off at the mains, still gives an E20 message. What would you charge for repair and when could you do it? Duncan Smith
JA: What happened just before your Hoover washer displayed this message?
Customer: it stopped working half way through a wash.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened yesterday without any previous signs of problems. I turned it off at the machine and at the mains, turned it on again and tried to run it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know!

Hi Duncan, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

We dont provide an on site service for repair we are a firm providing expert advice, so can help diagnose the fault, to give you an indication on like cause, cost of repair and if possible advise how to repair it yourself or recommend a firm who can do it for you.

At what point into the cycle does it stop and show E20?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I believe when it was about to spin the rinse cycle

OK if you put it on a drain only program does the dryer complete without fault?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No, it doesn't drain.

Ok well E20 is a drain fault, but if its faulting without even entering water suggests either you have a drain fault/blockage or the water level sensor is faulty.

Have you checked the drain filter in the bottom right of the washer?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'll check the filter, but can't right now. Thanks

Ok, once you remove the filter give it a good clean, then run the drain only cycle again with the filter out and check to see if the impeller inside moves. If it does that rules out the pump, but if the program still errors that proves the fault is with the pressure switch.