JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Assistant: How can I help? I have a John Lewis washing

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a John Lewis washing machine. About 9 years old. JLWM1407. Set to do it's normal wash this morning. It fills with water but goes no further in the cycle. The timer continues. If it is then set to drain it empties.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: See above message
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. If possible. I am an electrician.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
When I have gone through a diagnostic check it come up with E52.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What happened to answers in minutes? Is someone dealing with this question?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

If you set it on a drain only cycle does it complete, secondly if its put on a spin only cycle does it complete without error?

Please note due to the weekend responses can take longer than normal.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi James
On drain cycle it empties. On the spin cycle it drains and then the cycle stops. No spinning occurs. The timer continues to count down.