KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an F08 errorcode on my Whirpool AWO/C 81201 S washer

Hi I have an F08 errorcode on my Whirpool AWO/C 81201 S washer and I´m trying to find the reset procedure since my door is stuck locked and I have load inside.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It´s avout 8 years old. The model I mentioned before, ; there is no other number on it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, I think that´s all. I found some other time in the past the reset procedure but i´m not able to find it now. There was something with putting the rotary knob on a specific postion and than click 5 times on play/pause or something. Any ideea?

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

F08 is heating fault which indicates the heating element is faulty and will need replacement.

These appliances only reset if the fault has been resolved, so you will have to replace the heating element.

Regarding stuck door, leave it unplugged for an hour and then you will be able to take out the clothes.

Let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks, I managed to get my clothes out, and I'm going to fix that heater next.

Perfect, Good Luck