KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a neff w5420x1gb washing machine. The unit failed

I have a neff w5420x1gb washing machine. The unit failed with flashing light on both start and extra rinse . I diasgnosed the problem with a block in the pump which I have cleared (mainly small change!). However the problem still persists even when I have run with no load
JA: What happened just before the light on your Neff washer came on?
Customer: intermittent beeps and machine came to an end of one of its cycles
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 weeks. tried as above
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Try this: Unplug it and pull it out.

Now tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

Then remove the back panel and make sure the base of appliance is fully dried.

After this reconnect everything and plug it back.

This will clear the error code, let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have unplugged and tilted 45 degrees . Water still will not run out of the drum. I have also opened the front drain unit and got rid of more water. What should I do?

Open the rear panel and locate the sump hose, the one that connects pump to drum.

Remove it (lots of water will drain, use a bucket)

Then run a rinse/spin only cycle, let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Kevin - I'm reluctant to take off the back panel. Instead I tipped it over 90 degrees so that all the water came out of the front door then put it all back in place with an empty wash. Do you reckon this will solve it (and if not, why not please). I will let you know how i get on

The water from the drum has to be taken out manually as much as you can.

If there is a blockage somewhere, the problem will appear again even after you tip the appliance.

After you have removed water manually, select a rinse/spin only cycle and see if it drains.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Problem now solved. Thanks for the persistence. Good to know that I did not need to take off the back panel! Interesting to observe that many of these issues are common across makes and models