Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Electrolux Oven, Model No EOD67642x, top oven

I have an Electrolux Oven , Model No EOD67642x, top oven works 100%, bottom oven, grill works but oven does not heat to selected temperature. there was a problem with the door not closing, so I order new hinges. I replaces the main oven light but it blew shortly after.
JA: Is your Electrolux oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: its electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything, just used the top oven
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that's everything, door was not closing fully, main oven does not heat to selected temperature, girl on main oven works, bulb in main oven blew twice
Oleksandra-Moderator

Which oven setting do you use in the main oven?

Is it the fan assist or the convection setting?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
200 degree main oven fan assist setting

Ok so when you say it doesnt heat to selected temperure is it still getting hot in there but ust not the right temperture?

Or is there no heat at all on the fan setting?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The top element is heating however the bottom of the over is not heating just warm from top element , fan is working, I think now it is the bottom element that is not working.

Ok if you use the fan assit setting then its more then likely the fan element at fault here.

If you empty the oven and remove the back panel around the fan is the fan element.

Check this and see if theres a visable burn mark on there as most of the time when they go you see a little or big blow marks on them,

So check that and see what you find from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You are right, I removed back cover, noticed burn mark on element around fan, also, turned on oven an fan element isn't heating

Thats the fault, Just replace that element and that will cure it for you.

These are easy to replace as you can do it from inside the oven so you dont need to remove it from the housing unit.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your help with this

You very welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.