Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Our Siemens condenser iq300 is leaving black marks all over

Our Siemens condenser iq300 is leaving black marks all over white linen and shirts. I've looked on the drum and can't see any obvious dirt or places where there might be a gap or anything that could cause this. Any ideas?
JA: How old is your Siemens appliance?
Customer: Around 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been happening for a few months. I've cleaned the whole drier around the seal and rubber and anywhere I can clean but we haven't taken anything apart as we don't know what to look for?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you!

If you open the door and lift up on the drum, is there movement up and down or is it solid?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes there is

That is where the streaks are coming from, the clothes are getting in between the drum and the front bearing. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

May I please have your appliance's complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
e nr wt46e381gb/46 FD 9409 200245

Perfect! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I am having trouble finding the correct part. Just few more minutes, please.

The front seal/bearing will need to be replaced. It is available below and will require the top and the entire front panel be removed to access it for replacement.

https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/tumble-dryers/siemens/felt-drum-seal/224401.htm

Please let me know you have received the information you came for, clicking on the star scale to rate your experience with me. It is my goal to give you all the help you need. Please be sure to use the star scale to leave your feedback rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Going to sleep shortly, will the info be emailed?

I sent it above....

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, it hadn't updated. Amazing, thank you

You are very welcome, thank you!