KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My dishwasher is not working properly. DW603 - Beko. The

Dear Sir,My dishwasher is not working properly.
DW603 - Beko.
The dishwasher starts normally draining the water and fill with water before washing, but when should spray the water to start washing the machine doesn't function, stay without any action.
I have checked the Float switch, it is working.
I hope the motor is ok as well... I have measured with a multimeter apparently there is no evidence of short-circuiting, but I am not sure if it is functioning.
Please, I need some advice about how to proceed with other checks and solve the situation.regards,
Leandro
I

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights ?

Please ignore the automated phone call request.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply. There is no flashing lights on the display. The light keep solid all time. During the operation as I said start normally, but when the machine should start spraying , nothing happen. If I leave for long time waiting for start sparaying, the heat start boiling the water. At this moment, I reset the machine pressing the program "P" and "play" button at the same time for 3 sec. Then the display flashing the lights and the machine drain the water that was introduced in the beginning of the operation and the machine beep when it is finish.
I hope it gives you a better picture what is happening.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leandro

OK Leandro, the WASH PUMP (you can click on this to order part) is faulty and will need replacement.

Everything else seems to be working fine, it fills, drains and even heats fine hence, wash pump has to be replaced.

The part is available for £80.

You can check this VIDEO to get an idea on how its replaced if you want to DIY.

Let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Kevin, is there a way to measure with multi-meter? there is a capacitor there, do you think this can affect the functionality of the motor? I just want to make sure, just to evaluate possibilities spend less.
thanks
Leandro

Yes you can test it with a multimeter.

Unplug it and remove it, then test it with a multimeter however, capacitor comes as part of wash pump and dont think its available separately.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is there any other sensor or item that can not allow the motor to start operating?

Unfortunately not.

Hi there, did that help ?

Have I answered your question?

I still see the question is open so, wanted to check if all is good ?

_____________________________________________________________________

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, you can ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Kevin, I have bought another motor to replace in the machine. The machine has worked normally and just the first time working correctly, the pump didn't stop working after the machine finish the cycle.
I have switched the machine off and turned on again and pump kept working.
I don't know what's going on this time. Do you have a clue?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Leandro

Is the pump running continuously ?

Previous problem was resolved, I mean the question that you asked two weeks ago?

I still see the question is open and was not rated so wanted to check ?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. It hasn't been resolved because my dishwasher is still not working. You told me to replace the motor which I did and it is still not working.
The pump is working continuously. I would like to know if you have any other Insights as to what the problem may be?
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Regards,
Leandro

OK so the wash pump has now started spraying water so the previous issue is resolved.

However, the drain pump runs continuously because anti flood device in the base is activated as the water has leaked in the base of appliance.

You can pull it out and tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off.

Then closely inspect what is causing this leak.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi there, did that help ?

There is no additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hi Kevin,
Thank you very much for your support. It was really helpful.
The machine is working, but I think it is with leaking problem, which results occasionally the pump doesn't stop working.
But the machine is functioning.
Leandro

You are very welcome Leandro.