Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The spark igniter on my Stoves Newhome SI550DOm gas cooker

Customer Question

The spark igniter on my Stoves Newhome SI550DOm gas cooker has stopped working. (I know it's the igniter because it doesn't click when pressed, and the oven lights and clock are working.) How do I replace the igniter ?
JA: Who makes your oven? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it in August 2008, model number###-##-#### Does this give you the information you need ?
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just stopped working yesterday. It's a replacement igniter. Stoves replaced the original igniter in May 2018.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Since the oven lights and clock are working I've assumed the problem is the igniter.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 5 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 4 days ago.

Was the electrode replaced in 2018, or the SPU (Spark Ignition Unit)?