Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

First of all i think this is ridiculous i have to pay you £5

Customer Question

first of all i think this is ridiculous i have to pay you £5 on a safety issue on your fridge-my mother has an RLA36 Hotpoint fridge that never goes off-there is a noise of the motor going all the time and the freeze plate inside the fridge is frozen over-to me logically this is a fire risk and as an 82 year old has little mobility i cannot risk her keeping this fridge if it is a fire hazrd for a fridge less thasn 2 years old-am i correct???
JA: Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: ? ? any answer
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: some months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no i just want to know about safety
Expert:  Daniel replied 13 days ago.

You posted your question on Just Answer as we help you fix your own appliance thats why they charge. We are not Hotpoint.

Is that who you are trying to get through to or are you looking for help to sort this out yourself?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question was meant for another company. You’ve reached JustAnswer, a paid service that matches people with questions to Professionals with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.

Would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi - no I only need to know if this fridge is potentially dangerous to my elderly mother-the fact that it does not cut-out iev runs continuously suggests to me that it might-thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

This isnt a fire risk at all.

As if the compressor is running for too long then its a fault in there. Either the thermostat is faulty and isnt cutting out or the compressor is faulty and it cannot cool as it should so hence its running longer then it should.

Ive never in 30 years of doing repairs seen a fridge set of fire due to this so theres nothing to worry about. You will just need to get it checked out to find the cause for the compressor to be running for too long.

As the worst that happens is when the compressor runs for too long the relay in the compressor cuts out and stops the compressor from running till it cools down and then it comes back on.

But it will not set on fire for this issue.