KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Lamona (Beko derivative) integrated dishwasher,

I have a Lamona (Beko derivative) integrated dishwasher , Model HJA8640, 9 years old. It recently has failed to get hot, but not always. I have checked the heater which is O.K. and have replaced the PCB, to no avail. Is there a thermostat somewhere ? Help.
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Beko dishwasher?
Customer: No
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See previous message
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

The thermostat (NTC) is located underneath the Sump.

Please check this IMAGE (part#6920 is the NTC).

You can test it with a multimeter before replacement.

If that tests fine let me know the reading you get with heater.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you think that's likely to be my problem? I haven't access to a multimeter - Can I test it some other way?

If you do not have access to multimeter then how did you check the heater ?

You can remove the NTC and wire it directly, then let it run for few seconds and check if it heats.

If it does you will have to replace the NTC, if not then you will have to replace the heater.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for that, I removed the heater totally, blanked one end with a 'bung' that I had, and filled it with water, and then put 240v across it for a few seconds. It heated satisfactorily. You can probably tell that I have limited electrical knowledge, but will try your suggestion when I have time! Mike

Alright Mike, Let me know how it goes.

Hi there, did that help ?

Have I answered your question?

I still see the question is open so, wanted to check if all is good ?

_____________________________________________________________________

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, you can ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Kevin. Thanks for your help, although I have been persuaded by my wife to go for a new dishwasher,
I hate giving up, but will give you good rating. Mike