Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a de Dietrich oven DOP 1160x which has stopped

We have a de Dietrich oven DOP 1160x which has stopped wirking
JA: Is your De Dietrich oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Eiectric
JA: How long has this been going on with your De Dietrich oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3days
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

When you say its stopped working in what way has it stopped?

Has it lost power?

Is the fan running but just no heat?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It has lost power completely. The control panel has lost any display. The power supply fuse has not tripped and all connections are sound
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Don’t bother calling let’s just try by text.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you still there.

Yes im here. Please give me a few minutes while i type the answer up for you.

Ok if the oven has lost power then the first thing to do is check you have 230v going to the oven.

Remove the oven and at the back is the mains connection were the power cable goes to.

Open this up and check for signs of burning. If it looks ok then you need a test meter and check theres 230v getting to the oven.

If the power supply is fine then remove the back and on the back of the oven cavity is the thermal cut out. This is a small thermostat with 2 wires going to it.

You need to check this with your test meter and check it for contonuity. If faulty then it will need to be replaced.

But if the power supply, the mains connection block and the thermal cut out are all ok then it will be the power board at fault here thats failed.

So check them and see what you find as if theres nothing lighting up on the oven then it will be one of the above thats the fault here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. We will check all those items tomorrow. Can we restart this conversation Tomorrow? As we have not used this service before can you please advise us:
- how we restart a conversation ?
- what is meant by the £5 being fully refundable when we started with this service support?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello...
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello again. Are you still with us?

No problem coming back to me but i wont be online tomorrow as im off.

But i will be back on sunday so if you need help then i can carry on.

As to coming back here you will have an email. Just click the link on there and you will come back to this thread.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks I’ll try on Sunday.can you answer the £5 question. It won’t effect our actions but I just want to understand how you service works

The money side i dont get involved in as i just answer the question.

But the £5 refundable means if your not happy with the service or no one can help your money is refunded. Thats what it means i think.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. Hav q good day off tomorrow. Hopefully speak on Sunday

Your welcome, And dont worry i will enjoy my day off lol.