JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Extractor hood LF959RE55B just over 2 years old this month.

Customer Question

Extractor hood LF959RE55B just over 2 years old this month. Extractor and light - Remote control doesn’t switch them on, though the little light on the remote comes on. Happened once before about six months ago and we’re going to contact Siemens but we had a power cut for about 2 hours and when power came back on, everything was back to normal
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today this occasion. Changed remote batteries.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No idea!! We seem to be jinxed with our Siemens appliances.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Have you tried powering off the extractor using the isolater switch and turning it back on, then seeing if the remote works?

Secondly if you hold the remote within 30 cm of the extractor does it work.