JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a diplomat select gas hob bought and fitted 18 years

Customer Question

Hi . I have a diplomat select gas hob bought and fitted 18 years ago, cooker hood fitted at same time. I don't know if the cooker hood is exclusive to this job, but I want a new charcoal filter for it and the filter cloth/ paper that comes on a roll. Haven't bothered using it for ages as filter needed changing. Have given it a good clean today and need these spare parts. Can you identify the cooker hood from my description and possibly help me out with parts seller. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Meant to say hob not job
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Cooker hood has two fans in it and 3 speeds , if that helps, also light which has not worked for years.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Do you happen to know the model number of the cooker hood?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is nothing written on it and as I've had it 18 years I have no paperwork. However the hob it was fitted with is a Diplomat Select gas hob and it's 18 years old. Was fitted brand new in new kitchen. Does that narrow it down a bit?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I'm not calling. No need really and I've paid £11 already to talk.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

There will be 100s of potential models, the carbon filter your looking to replace does that have any part numbers on it?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No it's literally a piece of black cloth with no other bits on it. There's also a metal mesh in the cooker hood which does not have marking on either. The filter cloth/paper , can't tell which it is has a hexagonal all over pattern on it. That's all the info I can give you I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have found the cooker hood make and model. It is Huge, APL2155. Serial number 002315. I don't think it will be a problem finding parts now I know the number though. It was inside the cooker hood, hidden until I got a torch on it.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hygena sorry. I can get hold of the carbon and paper filter. I also have a metal filter in my cooker hob . Could you please tell me where I put the metal filter in relation to the carbon and paper filters. That's all I need to know, thank you.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Cooker hood sorry
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

You can buy the replacement filter here, is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I keep getting emails from you saying you are contacting me but when I look at the email it says an expected error has occured, do I am not getting a response.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So I am not getting a response.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

You can source the part here.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am not getting any messages , I'm afraid. But I have found s part and ordered it. I would just like to know what order I fit the paper, carbon and metal filters in my cooker hood if you can possibly get the system working. Otherwise I will go on YouTube and try to find out. Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

I can see all the messages I have typed, please contact customer service for assistance viewing the responses\answers.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have just got a message from you saying " I can see all the messages I have typed. Please get I touch with customer services. Have you got my messages, because all of a sudden I've just got your last message. My problem is sorted. I can get by. Thank you. No need to respond.