JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Every now and then my heating stops working when the hot

Customer Question

Every now and then my heating stops working when the hot water is not switched on. I have had 3 heating engineers looking at this problem and they get it going again it works fine for a while and then reverts to the problem.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Drayton lifestyle LP241 Si
JA: How long has this been going on with your Drayton appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switching it all off turning it right down then up till thermostat clicks it did this for 3 days recently and then suddenly started working again
JA: Where in your home is your Drayton thermostat installed?
Customer: Airing cupboard
JA: How long has this been going on with your Drayton thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since it was installed with a new boiler 5 years ago
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am checking the name of the boiler
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

It sounds like you might have a intermittent fault on the thermostat, when the engineers attended do you know if the issue was due to a lack of demand (call for heat) going to the boiler?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The last heating engineer I had put in a temporary thermostat and it worked fine for a while then heating was switched off for the summer but since I have switched it back on again early October it has failed twice and is out at the moment but might spontaneously come back on again that is the problem sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t I have a glowworm boiler . I don’t know anything about your company and Thought you were Drayton specialists so if you don’t think you can answer my question then please cancel my membership and I will get onto Drayton direct.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s not convenient to call you, Please cancel membership and I’ll get back to you if I need your help but need a plumber here so he understands what you’re saying.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Understood please contact customer services they can arrange for the membership to be cancelled if you need anything further let me know.

The fact the previous engineer replaced the thermostat its unlikely to be a draton issue.