Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko American fridge/freezer. It has stopped

I have a Beko American fridge/freezer. It has stopped dispensing water and the top part of the freezer isn't cooling down and the food is defrosting. The food in the veg drawers in the fridge is freezing, also milk in the door. Is this a major problem?
JA: Do you know the model of your Beko fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Approximately 8.5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only 3 days with the fridge part. I tried to remove the filter, but it seems to have split around the top and it wont budge The freezer stopped dispensing water last Sunday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Up until now I have had no problems. Prior to getting this one I had one that was a nightmare and I had numerous visits from the engineer. I contacted the manager of the shop I had purchased it from and he arranged a replacement.

Given the fault you have i know what the issue will be as replaced loads of them for this fault.

The evaporator fan inside the freezer has failed. Thats what the top half of the freezer isnt freezing and the bottom half of the fridge is. As the fridge is drawing in the cold air from the bottom half of the freezer. Also as the water bottle is in the bottom of the fridge this will have frozen over thats why the water isnt working.

So you need to replace the fan motor inside the freezer to cure this.

To do this you will need to empty the top half and remove all the ice maker units and then you can remove the back panel to access the fan motor there.

But as the water again check the filter in the fridge as you may find this has frozen aswell and can sometimes split. If it has then you need to remove the filter before it defrosts other wise it will leak all in the fridge.

So replace the fan motor and that will cure the fault there.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The filter has split and I can't get it out! It feels frozen. What does the water bottle look like? Where can I get a new fan and I'll also need a new water filter.

If you cannot remove it then you need to defrost the appliance. Turn it off and leave the fridge door open and it will defrost the filter from there.

But turn the water supply off first otherwise it will spray water everywere when it defrosts.

Then you can remove the filter easy.

The water bottle is near the filter as its in the fridge at the back at the bottom.

As to getting the fan you will need the model number

Click here for Beko parts

Enter the model number in the search box and you can then get it.

Or let me know the model number and i can get the part number for you.

The model number will be on a sticker inside the fridge section on the side wall.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've found the serial number, but it isn't recognised 1010030801

Its the model number you need as the serial number wont help in finding parts for this im afraid.

If you can see the rating plate with the serial number on it then the model number will be on the same sticker.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Daniel, I have now got the new fan and filter. We have removed the ice box.but cannot see the fan. Do we need to remove the back wall of the freezer? If so how do we do that? We can see what looks like a black motor.

You need to remove the complete ice maker unit to access the fan.

So remove the ice bucket and then you need to remove the ice maker attached to the roof and then the motor unit at the back which is held on buy the screws on the side.

Once all that is removed you can then remove the back panel and swap the fan over from there.