Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a BOSCH SRV43M03GB that won’t stop draining. I have

Hi, I have a BOSCH SRV43M03GB that won’t stop draining. I have taken the left panel off so I can see the float. How should I go about cleaning it please?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is eleven years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is reasonably straight forward - yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

If the float is activated and the pump is running all the time the easyist way to reset it is to unplug the dishwasher and lean it 45 degrees backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for this part.

Then stand it up right and turn it back on and see how it goes from there as the flood switch should have reset itself from there.

But if it does it again then something under there is leaking and you need to find the cause of the leak.

But try the above and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, that’s certainly done something! A small amount of water has run out and it has now allowed me to reset the dishwasher and start a cycle. I will see how it goes. I don’t know whether the water is due to a leak or due to me squirting hot water into the float chamber to try to clean it. In order to tip the dishwasher back 45’, I had to disconnect the waste from the trap under the sink. That was also blocked with an undissolved dishwasher tablet. I suspect that won’t have helped either. Anyway, thanks very much for the advice. Hopefully a simple fix. kind regards, Catriona

Your very welcome.

Fingers crossed this will be fine for you know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Will do. Thanks again.