Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I accidentally poked a hole in the inside wall of my freezer

I accidentally poked a hole in the inside wall of my freezer (not through a pipe) while trying to open an iced up drawer and only cold air came out no gases. I put duct tape over the hole. and the freezer is still working fine, should I be worried and throw the fridge freezer out and get a new one?
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: It's a Servis larder freezer and is about 15 years old
JA: What have you tried so far with your freezer?
Customer: All I did was stuck duct tape over the hole and it's still seems to be working ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, like I said I didn't poke a hole through any pipes just the inside wall of the freezer, I didn't go all the way through to the outer wall and the hole is only 1 centimetre

If you only poked a hole in the liner and not damaged pipes then dont worry about it as it will be fine.

All i do if i see holes in the liner is get some silicon and fill the hole in and it will be fine. It just stops moisture getting into the liner thats all.

So theres nothing to worry about at all as it will be just fine like this.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
So putting the duct tape will stop moisture getting in then?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't want a call I prefer to type

Yes, That will do the same job.

To be honest even if you didnt cover the hole it wont really effect the working. It just stops mositure getting in and the hole getting bigger thats all.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for the help Daniel I appreciate it :)

Your welcome.