Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Lamona induction hob has gone bang, like this questioner.

My Lamona induction hob has gone bang, like this questioner. On the main fuse board the hob switch has flicked down. When I try to switch it all on again nothing happens. Could it be a fuse or the hob itself??

if you have reset the trip switch but the hob isnt coming on then it will be the hob itself rather then the trip switch on the fuse box.

On induction hobs its usually the power board that blows and causes this.

But if you can post the model number i can check it out more.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is about 3 years old but I don’t have the original documentation. It is a 60 cm model and wired in with heavy duty cable, not plugged in. That’s just about all I can tell you. Sorry

Ok without a model number its a bit harder as some have 2 boards and some dont.

But as you have nothing coming on its a good chance your model has just the 1 power board.

So the power board will need to be replaced if you wanted this fixed but depending on model it can be very expensive and sometimes it not worth it as you can get a new hob cheaper.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is what I thought you would say. I just really need to know if it is a simple issue of a fuse or something more basic and final.

Theres no fuses inside the hob so as to your fuse box is it the old fuse wire or the trip switches?

If its the trip switch that you just push back up then that wont be the fault as thats just doing its job, It will be a fault in the hob itself im afraid.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Need to replace it I think!

Your welcome.

That will be the better option here im afraid.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
A follow up question after the reply last night. There is the switch for the hob on the wall behind it and an additional plug. These also seem to be dead so what happens when the hob is replaced??
Diane Taylor

The switch on the wall does this control the hob?

Also have you checked all the fuses on yor fuse box are in the correct position?