Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My brand new belling oven BI70 FP just been delivered, we

My brand new belling oven BI70 FP just been delivered, we can't get the bottom oven to work. Top oven and grill work. Can you help?
JA: Is your Belling oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and brand new.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Belling oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have just fitted it today, we have checked fuses, checked it's all connected at the back and have
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we think it's something to do with the timers/clock part
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
A lot of ovens you need to set the clock first. Let me see if I can find the literature
Are you able to use the bottom?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just the top oven. Bottom won't work
Ok
One moment
When you turn the knob for main oven does the red light come on?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, nothing happens
Hmm I see
Have you set the clock?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes, think there is a fault with it
Ahh I see. If you’ve set it and it’s still not working there’s definitely a problem with the unit itself. If you bought it directly from the company it should be under warranty. I’ll get you their contact info
You can find their contact and warranty info here, sorry you had that experience with a brand new oven...
https://www.belling.co.uk/warranty/
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and find the “rate your expert” option at the top of the page. Rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)

We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge

Thank you and have a blessed day
-Tamar
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your help, it's just one of those things!
Thank you. Wish you the best, happy holidays