Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Siemens dishwasher SN66T9708/0 serial number

We have a Siemens dishwasher SN66T9708/0 serial number SN66T097GB. I know which buttons to press but my wife quite fairly asked me to tell her which buttons to use. All the Decals to the left of the LED display disappeared a long time ago. When I tried to make a ruler with the different programs written on it to lay beside the buttons, I found that the instruction booklet and the enclosed sheet had the programs in a different order from which I know to be correct. Is there a decal that I can buy that will correctly label the different buttons?
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: This is Siemens dishwasher and the buttons are to the left of the screen on the top edge of the door which should be labelled with the labels washed away long ago
JA: How long have you had your SN66T9708?
Customer: About five years so it is out of guarantee. I have a disability that is going to get worse and the time is going to come when my wife will need to operate the machine and not me.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I know which buttons to press but from her point of view, there is just a row of buttons with no indication of what each one does.
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have given the information that I have which was engraved on the top edge of the door. A pity the button identities were not similarly engraved
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How's it going?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How's it going? What's the time scale for this sort of thing?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

Now im afraid you cannot bet a decal for these as Siemens dont make them. You can only buy the complete control panel which is very expensive as they are about £220.

But ive got a picture of the programs for the dishwasher as this is a screen shot from the service manual for the cycles.

Click here

Hope this helps you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your reply, Daniel. Information simply is exactly the same as my instruction book and the single sheets that was included in it. Why doubt that this is correct is that I thought the machine was supposed to switch on in economy mode which would be light number three from the left. In fact, it switches on with the lights in position four. Perhaps my understanding is simply wrong.
The machine does not show details of the programme justice length of duration until you are running it, when it projects more detail onto the floor. The timings from the left on my machine are one hour 45, three hours, two hours 35, three hours 20, one hour 15, 15. Because the length of the programme, I have always assumed position for was the eco-. I only use program to program for as the quick and the pre-rinse which appear to be positions five and six always give rise to an E 15 error message and the machine sucks for two days. I better just follow my instincts and suggest that my wife only uses two and four with intensive zone if needed. Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The machine does not show details of the programme justice length of duration until you are running it, when it projects more detail onto the floor. The timings from the left on my machine are one hour 45, three hours, two hours 35, three hours 20, one hour 15, 15. Because the length of the programme, I have always assumed position for was the eco-. I only use program 2 and program 4 on my as the quick and the pre-rinse which appear to be positions five and six always give rise to an E 15 error message and the machine sulks for two days. I better just follow my instincts and suggest that my wife only uses two and four with intensive zone if needed. Any thoughts? Sorry there are typos but it won't let me correct them. I use voice recognition as i have Parkinsons.