Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a caple pyrolytic oven and it has stopped working.

Hi, I have a caple pyrolytic oven and it has stopped working. There is no clock or lights on the clock panel, nothing except four of the touch buttons are slightly flashing. What can I do?
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It’s electric and about six years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started this morning. I’ve switched it on and off at the socket and checked the fuse in the fuse box
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so, that’s about it, the buttons that are flashing are the traditional oven and the high grill and the temperature and the pyro buttons

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Where do I find the model number, it’s not on the instruction booklet
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Also I did not receive an email saying that you had replied to my question
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, I owe you an apology, your email was put into my junk file, sorry about that, please can you help me?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The model number should be on a sticker on the inside of the oven frame when you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes, found it now, it’s C247155

Thanks for that.

What you will find here is the power board will more then likely be the fault here.

As you say you get some lights then the power supply will be fine and the thermal cut out will be as well.

So as nothing else is working then its looking like the control board is the fault here.

Now the bad news is Caple have this listed as obsolete now so you wont be able to get the part. Plus if you could it was an expensive part as it was listed at £120 for the part.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for that, new cooker I think! The lady at caple said that my £5 was refundable, is that right?

I dont get in volved on the money side as i just answer the questions.

You need to email customer services from your home page and they can help you with that.