Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Neff warming drawer model N22H40N3GB was purchased and

My Neff warming drawer model N22H40N3GB was purchased and installed by a qualified electrician in September 2012. It would appear that the thermostat or element has gone - the drawer does not heat up. The light is on by the switch and I have tested it on all the settings. Can the part be replaced or would it be better to get a new drawer.
JA: How old is your Neff warming drawer?
Customer: 7 years old, purchased in Sept. 2012
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff warming drawer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I first noticed it about a month ago. As I live on my own and only use it sporadically I cannot be certain how long before that it went
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The drawer is within a "cabinet" with a Neff single oven and Neff microwave combination oven installed above it

If the drawer isnt heating then it will be either te heater or the control thermostat thats faulty here. To be honest most of the time its the heater thats fails when its not heating up.

Now this can be replaced as but isnt cheap. The heater unit itself is £135 and the thermostat control unit is £103 so you will need to check the heater to make sure its faulty.

To do this the drawer will need to be removed then you can access the heater chamber and then you can see the heater. You will need to test it with a multi meter to see if faulty and if so replace it from there.

But if you dont fancy doing this yourself and need to get an engineer in then you can add another £50-60 for labour.

But looking on online you can get a new Neff warming drawer for £330.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
That's very helpful. Many thanks for that. It looks as if it is likely to be better to get a new drawer.

Your welcome. The new one probberly the better option here im afraid.