Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

What must a plug look like when wired and plugged in?My

What must a plug look like when wired and plugged in?My plumber wired this plug!But now my dishwasher isn’t turning on.And I don’t know why?It worked for 15 minutes and then just stopped!Could you tell me if this plug is wired ok?

Looking at the plug the wires are in the correct place but its the wrong fuse.

For a dishwasher you need a 13 amp fuse not a 3 amp. As with a 3 amp fuse it wont last long as when the heater comes on it will blow the fuse in the plug.

Also they havnt fitted the cable grip to hold the wires in place.

So swap the fuse over for 13 amp fuse and refit the plug top and retry it and see if it turns on then.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much!I will do that!First I have to get a new plug,But,My Plumber didn’t put all the screws back on the back!So I’ll just get the right plug and fuse!Thank you!

No worries.

Get a new plug and rewire it back up with a 13 amp fuse and hopefully that will be fine from there.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ll request you again in the morning!When I’ve got the right plug and fuse
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m ok with texting!Thank you!

No worries, Thats fine.