KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Favorit34502V10 dishwasher which is giving 3 beep

I have a Favorit34502V10 dishwasher which is giving 3 beep error code , even after resetting. Pump continues to operate even when I switch off. Only way to stop pump is to switch off at socket. Any suggestions?
JA: What happened just before your dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: Dishwasher was operating on normal programme. After beeps, partly used dishwasher tablet was at bottom of dishwasher.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thgis happened last weekend. I have been unable to use dishwasher since.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After the fault occurred I removed the front cover at the bottom of the dishwasher, and I have tried resetting, but I don't know what to do next.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
3 beep error code indicates anti flood device is on.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

3 beeps indicate water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated anti flood device.

You can unplug it and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

Then clean the drain pump and check the waste pipe for any clogs.

If this is Integrated unit then remove the inspection panel and clean it with a sponge, make sure it is all dried up.

Then plug it back and see how it goes.

If the problem appears again, you will have to check what is causing this leak.

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is an integrated appliance so I can't pull it out. I don't know how to clean the drain pump.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is an integrated appliance. I had already mopped up water with a towel as best as I could. I don't know how to clear the drain pump. I would rather not pay the extra to have a phone call as I suspect I will end up getting an engineer out.

Regarding phone call: I already told you ignore that request.

If its all dried up, can you see a float switch mounted on the base.

Please CLICK HERE , check if its stuck in upright position.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, I don't know what a float switch is or looks like, and don't know which part of the diagram you sent is the switch, or is it the whole diagram? Also I have difficulty relating the diagram to the stuff at the bottom of the dishwasher.

I have shared an Image of the FLOAT SWITCH.

It is located near the sump, at the bottom of appliance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have located and removed a flat piece of plastic similar to the part at the left of your diagram. Is this the float switch? Above where it was is some hosing. I can easily fixt the plastic piece back in position if necessary.

OK please fix it back and then try it again.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Have done that, but after attempting to reset, still getting 3 beeps, and pump does not stop operating, even when I switch the machine off. So still not resolved.

OK, if the float detects water inside it wont start and hence, the control keeps on operating the pump.

If you have already cleaned everything and it is all dried in there, you will have to replace the control board.

However, before doing that you can remove the screws from both sides to pull the dishwasher out.

Once out you can clean it completely and make sure it is dry.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Felt underneath to the back of the machine and wiped with a dry cloth, removing a miniscule amount of dampness. Attempted to reset once more, this time appears to be successful. So, fingers crossed, the problem is resolved. Thanks for your help. Will sign off now.

Glad it is sorted