Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

Fridge model TLDA625W is icing up at the top of the back

Fridge model TLDA625W is icing up at the top of the back inside of the fridge
JA: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Beko 11 cu.ft about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about 12 months someone came and rehung the door
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP
Hope you’re doing well today. Is it a lot of ice or just a little? Can you tell if the fan motor is running and circulating air?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is the top 18" at the back and it develops about half and plus layer of soft ice.
The fan is running. Someone came out and refitted the door as there was a slight gap that did help a little.
Yeah, is the gasket making a good seal when the door is closed ?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
it seems to be, you have to pull the door to open
If the door doesn’t close well, that can definitely cause excess ice.
If you’re good on that front, your issue is sounding more like one of the defrost components has gone bad
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
in that cases there anything I can do, or is it a case of getting an engineer, or is it time to consider replacing ?
I’d say at 15 years old it may be time to start considering replacing it. By the time you pay to have an engineer do the work to fix it, you’ll be invested probably about 40-50% of the value of a new one.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sounds like good advice. Thank you.
You’re welcome! Did you have any other questions?
If not, happy holidays!