KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Miele Washer Dryer WT 2679i WPM IT HAS INTERMITTENT

I have a Miele Washer Dryer WT 2679i WPM IT HAS INTERMITTENT FAULT WHEN THE WASH CYCLE GETS STUCK ON THE WASH SECTION. SOMETIMES ITS OK THOUGH! would love your advice thanks
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Miele washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it in 2008 there are no fault messages
JA: How long has this been going on with your Miele washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On and off for about 4 months. i switch it off then change the programme to a short wash
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that’s all I can report
Hello, I’ll do my best to help you with this, but intermittent faults are usually hard to solve.When the machine gets stuck on wash, and you turn it off and change the program, does it drain the water when you turn it back on again, or just carry on?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I turn it off but don’t change the programme, it just carries on stuck on the same time. If I turn it off, switch the dial to off, then it drains

Does this effect *all* wash programmes?

[ I apologise in advance if I can't reply quickly this afternoon - I will be going to some appointments, and I'll reply to you when I can. I will have some uninterrupted time this evening, ]

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please advise next steps. Thank you.

Does this fault affect *all* wash programmes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, only the minimum iron which is the program I use most often

I sympathise, as I also use that program predominantly.

I can't yet think of a reason why only that program would stall. I'll opt out and hope that a different expert will know the answer to this one.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I see previous expert has opted out, do you still need assistance ?

If you do please let me know:

1. How old is it ?

2. A part from the appliance getting stuck only on "Minimum Iron" ..does everything else works fine ? Have you tried any other program ?

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Kevin, I’ve just returned from being at a funeral all day. I bought my washer dryer in 2008. Yes, everything else is working ok. The cycle doesn’t always get stuck - it is an intermittent fault which is rather strange!

I’m so sorry for your loss.

So it always gets stuck on wash section only of minimum iron cycle and not on any other part of the cycle ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that’s correct.

OK, Thanks for that.

It looks like the carbon brushes are worn out and will need replacement.

Looking at the age of appliance and from what you have described, it cant be the control board as it works perfectly fine on other cycles.

Moreover, the problem is intermittent and will likely increase with time.

As the appliance is used more frequently the brushes will need replacement.

You can CLICK HERE to order part and also check the Video which will give you an idea on how its replaced.

You may unplug it and check before replacement.

If the brushes appear fine then I am afraid you will have to replace drive module.

Let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for this. Once I’ve received the brushes, as I am 66 and would need help pulling the machine out (it is integrated), is there someone who could come and replace the brushes for me?

You can contact Miele at 0330(###) ###-####or you may contact Go assist at 0800 8654 111 to book repair.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok - Many thanks. How many more years use do you think I will have from this machine? I only use it once a week?

You are welcome.

I have seen Miele washers work for 18 years and then carbon brushes were replaced.

The brushes are around £60 so worth a try.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All so helpful. Once I’ve had them replaced, would you like me to update you if the problem is fixed?

Sure, please update here.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, you can ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.