KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a hoover vision tech dryer and when I went to turn it

I have a hoover vision tech dryer and when I went to turn it on the heater works but the 3hr delay start light comes on and won’t turn off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: VTC 5911NB. 9 kg Had it awhile but I’m away half the year so have never used it a lot
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hoover infinity
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the dryer in in an outside brick shed and the weather has been alit colder recently

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Leave it unplugged for around 30 minutes and then plug it back.

See if this resets the control, let me know how it goes.

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thank you

Fingers crossed, when you plug it back press and hold the START button for around 10 seconds.

This will cancel any previous programs.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
held for 10 seconds. then all the lights on timer delay started flashing then stopped. then i presses start and the 3hr toner delay lit up again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is the light
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is dryer

As it heats fine and the reset procedure did not work..the problem seems to be with the Control board that is faulty and will need replacement.

However, if you can test the thermostats located at the rear near the heater assembly for continuity with a multimeter.

If they test fine replace the control board, if any of those does not have continuity replace them.

Let me know how it goes.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thanks

You are welcome.

The parts can be bought by clicking HERE.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, you can ask me as many questions as you need.

There is no additional fee.

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction,

I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen.