KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Samsung dryer DV419AEW/XAA Powers on, can set dryer setting

Samsung dryer DV419AEW/XAA Powers on, can set dryer setting but does nothing when start button is pushed. NO error codes are flashing. When it first stopped the cooling light flashed. Now the drying tshirt light is on,and cooling tshirt light is on but the drum does not start.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: DV419EW/XAA purchased used in 2014 so not specific on yer manufactured
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are going to try because I recently lost my job and it seems best for my pocket book. Would at least like to diagnose so I know if it is best to look into another dryer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you unplug it and remove the top off the appliance, then check the belt is intact ?

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable.

I promise to respond as soon as I return.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay

If its intact, then with the top off the appliance keep your hands off the electric, plug it back and keep the drum a bit of push.

See if it works ... let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Top is off where am i looking for the belt
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the belt is broken. It starts when i push it but the drum does not move and dryer turns off right away.

OK, Please CLICK HERE.

You can buy the part by clicking on above URL, there is a video as well which will give you an idea on how to replace the belt.

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

You won’t be charged any additional fees.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. I am going to get one at hardware store because i need it now. Will contact you later if i need assistance. Thank you ��

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Worked great. Super difficult to get that belt on. Thanks for your support