Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a smeg induction hobb. Three of the 5 hot plates have

Customer Question

I have a smeg induction hobb. Three of the 5 hot plates have lost the power boost function. Also the child lock can no longer be deactivated. It must be done manually each time hob is used. I looked up instructions in manual for unlocking, I changed it from s to n and it’s still locked.
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Smeg model si3950b
JA: How long have you had your SI3950B?
Customer: 3.5 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Until recently the power boost function worked well on all 5 hot plates. From one day to the next, 3 stopped working in the power boost mode. Also we can no longer bring any 2 hot plates to 9 simultaneously.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that’s all. Thanks
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this sounds like a control board problem.

However, before you resign yourself to that being replaced, try turning the power to the hob at the isolator switch, for at least an hour, then turn back on and see how the hob behaves. Sometimes this works, but sometimes not.