Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Could lack of water pressure cause all the lights to flash

Customer Question

Could lack of water pressure cause all the lights to flash intermittently
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Zanussi jet stream 1200 quite old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week, it is known in our area that the pressure is low, it does run the cycle with lights flashing on and Off but I'm not sure I should be using it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There is no problem with the door opening at the end zone f the cycle!
Expert:  Daniel replied 16 days ago.

Yes, if you have low water pressure then it can cause the washer to flash lights.

As basically the washer is programmed to fill within a certain time so if it has low pressure then it will take longer so the control board pick this up and thats why it flashes the lights. Its to tell you theres an issue in there.

So while you have low pressure im afraid the washer will keep doing this.

As it does run the cycle but just flashes the lights then use it still but just keep an eye on it and see how it goes from there.