Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a 32b in my consumer unit that runs to my garage that

Customer Question

Hi i have a 32b in my consumer unit that runs to my garage that has another unit with b16 and b 6 i need to add a 16a supply can i upgrade the unit in the garage its run in there on 6mm live 4mm cpc and it approx 50feet from the consumer unit in the house
Assistant: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: dule drum sander
Assistant: How long have you had your 32B?
Customer: its brand new the whole house was rewired a year ago
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: so originaly i added the 16a supply femail soclet as a spure of a fused switch on the ring
Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: would this be ok to use tho on 16b as there are 3 sockets used at one time ruffly
Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: outlook
Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Phone
Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing as i just wanted to know if i can use it on its current circut or i have to install an upgraded unit and if so if it can on the cable currently running in to the garage
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 15 days ago.

Hello, the application of diversity rules might well conclude that you don't need to do any upgrading.

Can you tell me what's connected to the existing B16, and what you plan to add and connect to a new B16?