JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a kenwood KSBSDIX16 and it stopped making ice a

Customer Question

i have a kenwood KSBSDIX16 and it stopped making ice a couple of months ago, have changed filter everything else works
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James I am one of the experts. I see you raised the question some time ago, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes still require assistance
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Are you still able to get cold water?

What symbols are shown on the display?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We can get cold water
When you press crushed or cubed ice the motor just churns away as no ice has been made
All the functions on the display panel work
Ice function is on
Just no ice being made
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Ok if you look at the the cube tray can you see water sitting in the tray and is there sign of any ice or frost building up?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No water in tray
No sign of ice or frost build up
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Ok its likely the inlet valve has failed, you would need to strip it down and check the valve is working easiest way is to swap over the hoses terminals with the side for cold water and see if the drinking water still works.

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

Just wanted to follow up as I havent heard anything back for some time, do you require any further assistance or like me to recommend an appliance engineer?

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

I havent heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?