JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My washer won't start. It makes a clicking noise and then

Customer Question

Hi! My washer won't start. It makes a clicking noise and then another clicking noise.
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading its new, less than a year old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: To switch it on and off and try different settings but even the dryer function does the same
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

Hello, the first to establish is the make and exact model of the machine. If you’re not sure, attach a photo of the data label that’s behind the door rim.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
WNAD62
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
is that what you need?
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

The expert has opted out, Please double check the model number and confirm the manufacture.

If you run a drain only program does it still make the clicking noise?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes it does!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is a video
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

this looks to be a Bosch appliance the WNAD62 isnt a valid model number can you double check the ENR on the inside of the door?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
WVG30461GB
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That is the number I think
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks that does look like a valid ENR.

The clicking noise sounds like its the relays on the PCB, give me a short while to look into the specifics for this model to verify which part is at fault, most certainly this is a hardware fault.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, will wait for you to look into the specifics...
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

Right the door lock light doesnt come on when you start a program so it sounds like the relay to lock the door closes, but the lock doesnt engage.

Based on this the most likely cause is the interlock has failed, it is however work holding the door inwards as you press start just encase the door needs adjusting but if the door lock light still doesnt come on it suggests the interlock needs replace.

A new interlock can be sourced here for around £20

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is it easy to replace?
Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

All washers the same, there are a number of you tube videos you can find showing the process its generally seen as a DIY process, have a look at the one here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

I havent heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 20 hours ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything further or happy for me to close the question?