JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Hoover Eco Technology washing machine is stuck on END,

My Hoover Eco Technology washing machine is stuck on END, even though the door is open (the lock symbol is showing). I’ve switched the machine off and unplugged it, but as soon as I put the machine on, only the END symbols show on the display and can’t be changed to do the next wash .
JA: What happened just before your Hoover washer displayed this message?
Customer: nothing. It did the last wash perfectly and the machine was switched off. When I’ve put it on this morning, the END display is showing and won’t change, no matter what buttons I press
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: switching it off at the mains and leaving it for ten minutes. Every time the machine is put back on, the END display shows
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing. I’ve had no problems before and love the machine. It’s the 10kg version
Hi, thanks for your question. I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your washer.m Could you give me the model from inside the door please so I can give you the correct informationThank You
You may receive an offer of a phone call service please ignore this as they generate automatically and is not sent from myself
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DST10146P-80
Great thanks, I’ll just be a minute pulling up the model details
It seems like the machine has child lock on but I’ve just read the entire manual and can’t find out any info on it. Are you able to take a picture of all of the controls and upload it for me?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Shall I message you or do you have an email address?
You should be able to upload directly by clicking the paperclip icon. Failing that you can email***@******.***
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Have sent a video
Great. To the email?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Haven't received anything as yet
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just sent it again
Got it. Just downloading
It does look just like child lock but I can't find any info anywhere to help us. I'm going to opt out incase one of the other guys knows off the top of their head and are able to help
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I left the machine on, showing the END message. When I went back to check it had E07 showing, so I tried to put the washer on, but it’s gone back to END again

E07 is a washer door fault, which suggest the interlock may be faulty.

To confirm what lights / symbols does the machine show on the display currently?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has an outline of the machine, with the round drum showing three lines (water depth) a small box in the top left corner with three dashes in it, then outside the outline, the padlock symbol and the word End

What happens if you go to select another program does the pad lock flash?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When pressing program buttons (cottons for example) the display does not change. The padlock symbol does not flash but remains on throughout, even though the door is not actually locked and can be opened. When selecting a program the red slector light for that program illuminates but the display does not change. It does seem to be the door mechanism is the issue, based on the padlock symbol displaying, even when the door is unlocked. Can send photos or video if needed.

Ok so this points to a faulty interlock, you can source a new one here for around £15

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can close the question. I’ve ordered a new washing machine, but will get a new door lock for the old one. If it works, I’ll have a spare washing machine and if it doesn’t they I’ll be glad I bought new. Thanks anyway