JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Hoover Eco Technology washing machine is stuck on END,

Customer Question

My Hoover Eco Technology washing machine is stuck on END, even though the door is open (the lock symbol is showing). I’ve switched the machine off and unplugged it, but as soon as I put the machine on, only the END symbols show on the display and can’t be changed to do the next wash .
JA: What happened just before your Hoover washer displayed this message?
Customer: nothing. It did the last wash perfectly and the machine was switched off. When I’ve put it on this morning, the END display is showing and won’t change, no matter what buttons I press
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: switching it off at the mains and leaving it for ten minutes. Every time the machine is put back on, the END display shows
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing. I’ve had no problems before and love the machine. It’s the 10kg version
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your washer.m Could you give me the model from inside the door please so I can give you the correct information

Thank You
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
You may receive an offer of a phone call service please ignore this as they generate automatically and is not sent from myself
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
DST10146P-80
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
Great thanks, I’ll just be a minute pulling up the model details
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
It seems like the machine has child lock on but I’ve just read the entire manual and can’t find out any info on it. Are you able to take a picture of all of the controls and upload it for me?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Shall I message you or do you have an email address?
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
You should be able to upload directly by clicking the paperclip icon. Failing that you can email [email protected]
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Have sent a video
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
Great. To the email?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
Haven't received anything as yet
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just sent it again
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
Got it. Just downloading
Expert:  Gavin replied 7 days ago.
It does look just like child lock but I can't find any info anywhere to help us. I'm going to opt out incase one of the other guys knows off the top of their head and are able to help
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I left the machine on, showing the END message. When I went back to check it had E07 showing, so I tried to put the washer on, but it’s gone back to END again
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

E07 is a washer door fault, which suggest the interlock may be faulty.

To confirm what lights / symbols does the machine show on the display currently?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It has an outline of the machine, with the round drum showing three lines (water depth) a small box in the top left corner with three dashes in it, then outside the outline, the padlock symbol and the word End
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

What happens if you go to select another program does the pad lock flash?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When pressing program buttons (cottons for example) the display does not change. The padlock symbol does not flash but remains on throughout, even though the door is not actually locked and can be opened. When selecting a program the red slector light for that program illuminates but the display does not change. It does seem to be the door mechanism is the issue, based on the padlock symbol displaying, even when the door is unlocked. Can send photos or video if needed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Ok so this points to a faulty interlock, you can source a new one here for around £15

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes you can close the question. I’ve ordered a new washing machine, but will get a new door lock for the old one. If it works, I’ll have a spare washing machine and if it doesn’t they I’ll be glad I bought new. Thanks anyway