Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a bosch maxx 6 washing machine. When i start a wash

Customer Question

hi there, i have a bosch maxx 6 washing machine. When i start a wash cycle the machine trips off the rcd breaker. (the machine is in an unheated garage, and plugged in all the time)
JA: Is your Bosch washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: its front loading. it has to be about 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only just started. i have recently fitted a new door lock as my toddler broke the old one, but worked fine for a month before this
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is used to clean very dirty clothes, i use it for my work clothes, i work as a mechanic and in the oil industry
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it.

It could be that the door lock is causing this error or it could be that the pump is causing this error. Please check first if water has leaked. Direction door interlock. Please check also on the floor and water stains water has leaked. Afterwards please give a message.

Do you have any questions? I am waiting for your message. Greeting Erdal Zal

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes. It did leak
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

O. k. then the door locking mechanism is not in order due to wetness. Please dry everything first. Check the door lock. When everything is dry, try again. If it still trips the fuse. Then you may have to replace the door lock. Do you have any more questions?

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry, I can't use your phone. If you really want to call me, please tell me and I will withdraw from the request. Another expert can advise you. Would you like that?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok will try that. Also forgot to say, the last time the machine worked it was vibrating quite violently on the spin cycle
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

If there is too much vibration it may be that the shock absorbers are down or the faults are no longer in order to keep the shutters vat. When you open the appliance, check the shock absorbers immediately to make sure they are in the right position. Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes. Just unscrewed the drain down screw (not sure if that’s the correct terminology) on the bottom right of the machine and lots of little bits of shredded hard plastic came out, a bit like bird feathers on first viewing
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just tried again. Switched the machine on. It starts to fill up with water, then trips off after about 40 seconds.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also still leaking water.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

It is also possible that the pump is difficult to operate and gets hot and the fuse turns off. It is so difficult to determine the fault. Because there are so many faults that cause problems.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Pump shouldn’t get hot as doesn’t run for long enough.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

I recommend to measure it once completely the whole cable ways to the pump to door interlock once. It is also possible that the inlet valve is causing this error and the cable should be measured once to make sure that nothing is defective. Do you have a multimeter?

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Do you have any more questions? May I help you? Please answer.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Do you have any questions? May I help you? Please answer.