Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a ucosan bath which is fitted with awhirlpool plus

Customer Question

I have a ucosan bath which is fitted with awhirlpool plus water massage 6 fitted in side remote control the spa witll not turn on with the remote. I have the original rectangular remot and a replacement one which is oval shape. They will not turn on the bubbles etc
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: They did not give me any details of the whirlpool when fitted the bth is like new about 20+ years old!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible. I can send photos if I have your direct email
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Any instructions and your email address would help. the bath is in excellent condition and the bath spas have been cleaned using Milton bleach in the clean water to flush it through as directed. Noe the remotes ill not turn it on. Help please
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my first thought is that this sounds like a pump motor failure. These things don't last forever!

Do you have access to the pump? Are you comfortable and competent with electricity? If so, you could rig up a power supply to the pump, subject to checking it's voltage/power requirements, and see if it runs. If it does, then you know that you're looking at an RF problem or a control board problem.