JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I am having great difficulty fitting the inside retaining

I am having great difficulty fitting the inside retaining band to the door seal in my Eco bubble washing machine. WF70F5E2W4W/EU
JA: How long have you had your WF70F5E2W4W?
Customer: Has there been a easier part produced in the last few years or can I add the spring clip fro the front to the back?
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am unable to remove the front of the [email protected] because the factory tightened screw top left continues to turn and will not release.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

You dont need to remove the front cover, can you clarify what happens when you fit the door seal retaining band?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I an unable to fit the band because it is so tight I am afraid of damaging the seal. I can three quarters of the band in place. This is the type of band I have. Is there an alternative?

There are many types of bands but each model has a specific type, looking at the band there is still movement you can slacken off the band further to place it then tighten it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have tried the band opened ,but it is too difficult to bring together. I would need another person holding it, but there is not enough room. I have slackened the band but am still unable to complete the job. Can I use a spring band which is fitted to the front of the machine at the back? I could then buy another spring band for the front.

I wouldnt be reluctant to use another band but if you cant use a pair of grips to hold it while you secure it then does suggest the next option is to use a different type, as all its doing is creating tension so the seal doesnt come away.

Do you require any further assistance or are you happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Enquiry completed.