JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a zanussi flexidose washing machine ZWH7120P. It has

Customer Question

I have a zanussi flexidose washing machine ZWH7120P. It has become quite smelly. I looked up the manual and it say to take out the filter but when I open the part up there is no filter in it
JA: Is your Zanussi washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loading
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: itbeen going on for a while. I’ve tried all sorts of cleaners in it but it still smells. I leave the drawer and door open after every wash. I have noticed that if I put conditioner in the drawer it doesn’t go away. I’ve taken the drawer out and cleaned it through but it’s still the same
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

When you say check the filter are you talking about the drain filter at the bottom of the appliance?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No it’s inside the drum
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Understood this model has an integral filter in the drum, if this is clear and you are finding the conditioner isnt being used, remove the soap draw, and check the inlet above the the soap draw and give that a good scrub with hot water and a brush.

See the video here, most likely the jet has got blocked.

Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

In terms of the smell I assume you have used washing machine cleaning products?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yeah I’ve use loads off different things. Including vinegar
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Ok the last thing I can recommend is remove the rear panel and remove the element and then check the sump by looking in the gap where the element fits to see if there is debris in the sump.

Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 days ago.

I havent heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Sorry you feel I have provided very poor service, please let me know how I can better assist you?