JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a brand new Digihome 24HDDVDCNTDP. The remote control

Hi I have a brand new Digihome 24HDDVDCNTDP. The remote control is working for TV but not for the DVD can you please help
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Digihome
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is brand new and I have set up the TV. The remote works fine with the tv but not a thing with the DVD buttons
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So what button on the Tv remote are not working specifically around the DVD.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi. I put in the DVD. None of the VD remote buttons work. I pressed the DVD play button on the TV back of the Tv and it played.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no I am good with typing thanks

Ok when you press any of the DVD button on the remote does the standby button on the TV flash?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No

Does the light flash when you press other buttons such as channel 1?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes all the tv buttons work

This confirms that the remote has a fault as its not sending a signal to the TV, as its a new TV I would send the TV back and swap it for another model, unless they can just swap out the remote control.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK Thanks for your help.

No problem please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.