JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

There is a foul smell in my blomberg under the counter

There is a foul smell in my blomberg under the counter fridge which I think is coming from a blockage in the drainage. How do I un-block it?
JA: Do you know the model of your Blomberg fridge? How old is it?
Customer: TSM1551P
JA: How long has this been going on with your Blomberg refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few weeks. Tried cleaning fridge and removing rotting material from drain hole
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Have you tried flushing some bleach or anti bac liquid down the condensate hole on the back wall of the fridge.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, where will it go and how much should I use?

I would use about 4-5ml of a strong solution, I would also remove all the shelves and make sure you wipe down the rear wall with anti back then try it before putting the shelves are back.

I havent heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

I havent heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can assist you with or are you happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where will the solution I put down the hole go? Is there a drainage tray that can be removed and where is it?

There is an evaporation dish to the rear *you need to pull the appliance out) and if you look on top of the compressor you will see it, providing you dont put more than 250ml down the hole the water will evapourate, and wont do any harm in the dish if anything will kill bacteria in the dish until it evaporates away.

However if you want to flush the hole then rather than try and remove the dish its normally easier to use a cloth or sponge and dip it in and ring it out in the sink\bucket to empty the dish.

Please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.