JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Auto sensor bin model no 971002 not working.batteries have

auto sensor bin model no 971002 not working.batteries have been replaced not them. Bin stuck with lid open for 2 days now has shut suddeny not fully shut. unresponsive . Tried several time to switch off and on no avail.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: morphy richards sensor bin model no*****steel 50L
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have replaced batteries,not them, Have switched bin on and off several times.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Lid was stuck at open for i day then when i attemtedto unscrewlid suddenly shut. but not completely. there is power to thebin i have checked

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

How old is the bin?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One year old maybe a bit more

As its out of warranty its unlikely to be an economical repair as it sounds like the mechanism has failed.

Looking at the availability of parts at fault (the PCB) this comes as a complete new lid you cant get get the PCB) this works out at around £30 so half the price of a new bin.

If you want to buy the part you can get it from here.

Do you require any further assistance or are you happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please do not phone or text me me again.
I have bought a new kid and therefore the problem has been solved.

Thank you for confirming please rate the response provided at the top of this page so I can then close the question and that should stop you getting any further messages