Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We got a Grundig dryer (GTN 38250) but it doesn’t seem to be

Hi we got a Grundig dryer (GTN 38250) but it doesn’t seem to be heating up. There’s no info in the troubleshooting page of the manual
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: All I know is that it’s a Grundig GTN 38250. My hubby got it from a friend at work and said it’s 6months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Once my hubby is out of bed then I will be setting him on to fixing it 😊
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The drum spins, light comes on everything seems to work ok, it just doesn’t heat up

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it.

Please clean all filters and lint screens. It may be that the dust and fluff is preventing the heat from circulating. To do this, switch off the device by unplugging the plug from the wall socket. And leave it without power for at least 30 minutes. Clean and test everything again. Do you get an error message or a number?

Do you have any questions? I am waiting for your message. Greeting Erdal Zal

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has brand new filters. The air path is free. It’s an F gas dryer.

Okay, then it gets a little difficult. Either the heating is defective or the controller does not pass the voltage to the heating. The things must be measured electrically with a multimeter and replaced if necessary. Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help. My husband understands that but unfortunately hasn’t brought his tools home. I will have a chat with home to see what our options are. Thank you again for your help

Okay. I wish you every success with this. And I wish you a very good weekend.