Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have an AEG dishwater which is nearly 10 years old and has

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have an AEG dishwater which is nearly 10 years old and has been fine. Last night it suddenly stopped in the middle of a wash. No lights are now working, dishwasher not working and there is a layer of water in the base which cannot drain away. Help. Has it reached the end of its life?
JA: Is the filter unblocked?
Customer: Took out the filter which is clear. I know there is a base plate but cannot see this due to the water
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dishwasher was fine up until last night. Husband has checked the fuse and there is current to the dishwasher
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it.

It is also possible that the pump is blocked. You will have to take all the water out. To get to the filter and then to the pump. You have to check the impeller. And the drain hose must be free floating too. To check the floor plate you have to open a small cover under the door and look underneath. When you turn the power on, the lights come on?

Do you have any questions? I am waiting for your message. Greeting Erdal Zal

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No lights come on at all
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

OK then it is possible that the control unit is defective. Or it could be that the cables are no longer in good condition. Please check the power cable. The power cable is 80% fused. Please check the fuse on the power cable. Do you have any questions?

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Here is an Infolink with a photo where you can see where the fuse is on the plug. Do you have any questions? Maybe I can help you further?

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

Do you have any more questions? May I help you? Please answer.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.

Do you have any questions? May I help you? Please answer.