Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Temperature control knob stuck and unable to set temperature

Customer Question

Temperature control knob stuck and unable to set temperature on Neffbuilt in oven B14P42.5GB
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: it might be max 3 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Max oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a couple of days only. If I turn oven on, max temperature shows 170 degrees.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried to turn oven off at mains but no result. i tried to pull it out but was afraid of causing damage.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am ok to wait for an answer. And I realise that the button to the left of the temperature control does not pop out either. That is the one with an exclamation sign.
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 9 days ago.

Hi, my name is Chris an expert here for almost a decade and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am extremely sorry that nobody has answered your question yet.

Would you please tell me if you have already tried power cycling the unit? That will help me to understand the matter better so that we could proceed with troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is power cycling?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No phonecall. Just use terminology and language destined for non experts please.
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 3 days ago.

Unplug the unit or turn the breaker off for 15 minutes and then power it back on and see if you get a reset.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Useless answer!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 hours ago.

I am sorry you are not happy with the answers given so far.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer from a different Professional. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 hours ago.
Please cancel and delete my records. I found you slow, useless and, as I have already stated, I will NOT subscribe to any further contact or payments to your organisation. You should ethically reimburse me for the money I paid you already as you were not able to help.