Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can i reset the thermostat on an AEG lavatherm model

can i reset the thermostat on an AEG lavatherm model T862801C please? If so, how do I find it? I've taken some of the back off but can't see to uncover anything like a thermostat??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: an hour or so
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so - the drier has just stopped heating but appears to work in every other way
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AEG Lavatherm T862801C. not sure.... 5 years or so?

The thermostat on these doesnt have a reset button on. But somtimes you can reset it.

What you need to do is access the heater on the back of the dryer and on the back of the heater you will see the thermostat.

Remove this from the heater and then what you need to do is throw the thermostat sliver side down on a hard surface and somtimes this can reset it.

Then test it with a multimeter and see if you have contonuity.

If you do then refit it and that should cure the heating.

But if not and the thermostat is showing as faulty then im afraid you need a complete heater as the thermostat comes as part of the heater im afraid on these.

So try the above first if you can and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks very much - sounds like a new one to me...!

To be honest most of the time it is im afraid.