Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Miele wash machine: Check Inlet and Check Drainage lights

my Miele wash machine: Check Inlet and Check Drainage lights are flaoshing. can I repair this myself?
JA: What happened just before your Miele washer displayed this message?
Customer: some leakage of water on the floor and machine full of suds.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Miele washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first time this has ever happened. so far, all i did was switch the machine on and off again - still same lights flashing and alarm ringing.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no - maybe i put too much soap in? i put in some Ace as well and also a bith of bleach- but i have done this several times, wth no problems.

If you had a leak on the floor and now its doing this then its more then likely water leaked into the base of the washer and activated the flood switch in there thats causing this.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and unplug it.

Then just lean it 45 degrees backwards and this will allow the water to drain out of the base onto the floor so you will need a towel for this.

Then stand it upright and turn it back on and it should have cleared the error code and will allow you to use the washer again from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.