Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Washer dryer BWD129uk flashing indicator lights the machine

Washer dryer BWD129uk flashing indicator lights the machine power switched on
JA: What happened just before the light on your washer-dryer came on?
Customer: I changed a faulty drain hose
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have switched the power of as per instructions and waited for a few minutes the switch back on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had the machine out on the floor on its side to change the drain hose as indicated on your youtube video

Which lights are flashing as this is an error code.

I asume its the options lights thats flashing.

If so number the 4 lights going down with 1 at the top and let me know which number lights are flashing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The following lights are flashing - 1200/600 - mini load - Extra Rinse - Super Wash - Start/Pause
The following lights are on solid - Spin (3) - Door lock (6)

Sorry the mini load and super wash and that dont really help as they service manual are just marked buttons 1, 2 3 and so on so i need to know which number lights are flashing.

So look at the 4 lights thats going down and number them from the top downwards with 1 at the top.

Which number lights are flashing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The flashing lights are all in a horizontal line -The two solid lights are in the vertical group
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Starting from the left all 4 horizontal option buttons plus the 5th Start /Stop button are flashing

Ok theres a few versions of this model number and as you have the horizontal lights and the vertical then you have the newer version of this model.

So as you have the spin and door lock light lit when the others are flashing this is this error code F05 which is a draining fault

Has the washer stopped full or water?

If so then if you turn the power off and back on it will stop the lights from flashing.

Then set it going on a spin and do you hear the pump running at the bottom?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The washer is empty of water. I was changing the Drain hose with the machine on its side. The machine is now in its normal service position. Is it OK t try and reset the indicators?

Yes, Reset it by turning the power off and back on again and that will stop the lights from flashing.

Then try a cycle and see what happens.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
switching on & off makes no difference - the lights continue to flash
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
unable to reset

So as soon as you plug the washer back in them lights start to flash stright away?

If so then unplug it and leave it 15 minutes as this can allow the control board to discharge itself.

Then plug it back in and see if it resets the lights then.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes they flash immediately. I will switch off and wait 15 mins and call you back. How do I get back to you? Is there a reference number I need?

Just keep this thread open or if you look at your emails you will have an email with each reply i send. On there is a link back here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The 15 minute wait has worked and the machine has reset. Trying a drying cycle and the machine appears to be operating normally. Thanks for your help and guidance in sorting this problem.

Hopefully thats sorted it and it should be fine now.

But if you still have trouble then just get back to me on here.