Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Baumatic oven current when put on the fan open is not

My Baumatic oven current when put on the fan open is not working
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric , +/- 6 year model of the oven is OSF60OVEN
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days , nothing yet think it might just be fuse ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope

When you say its not working whats actually happening?

Is the timer lit up?

Does the fan run and does the little led light come on the front panel?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi , the van goes on in the oven I can hear it however the oven doesn't get hot . Tried the grill option and the element goes on and works however the fan option doesn't work + the oven light please see the picture attaches

Ok if the fan works but theres no heat and the grill works fine then its going to be the oven element thats failed here.

If you empty the oven and remove the back panel inside the oven you will see the heater element around the fan blade.

This will be faulty and thats why its not heating up.

You need to replace this element and that will get it working again from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks where can I order the parts from and can I fit it myself or do I need to get a professional in ?

Click here for the part

As to fitting it yourself if you are handy at diy repairs then you should be fine.

Access the element inside the oven and make sure the power is turned off.

Then look at the bracket and see if theres screws in there holding it on.

If so remove them and then pull the element carefully and disconnect the wires and swap it over.

But if theres no screws on the element bracket then its bolted on from the back.

For this you need to remove the oven from the housing and remove the back panel and make sure its unplugged.

Then look on the back of the oven and find the wires for the element and theere either side of the wires will be the screw or a 7mm nut and you can undo it from there and swap it out inside the oven.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.